Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Well she's 9 months old

now and my entire idea of keeping up with this blog seems to have dissipated completely. We have so much going on... that most nights I just want to plop on the couch, or I have housework to do or some project that I'm working on... I need to figure out a way to make this more manageable because I still really desire to keep this going. Maybe if I decide once a week to set aside a specific time to blog and update I'll be able to actually get this going again.

So!

That's the new plan.

So instead of back tracking and trying to make up for lost time I'm going to just dive right into where our lives are at right now so the task doesn't seem quite so daunting.

Last week I got out and finally figured out my Cricut machine that my mom had gotten me 2309203 years ago when we lived in the old house. I never had any room to set it up so it just sat in it's box, all sad, underneath my desk. I still don't really have a space to set it up but with Audrey's birthday coming up in May I really wanted to start trying my hand at making some decorations for it so I don't have to spend a ton of money buying cute decor from etsy. It's now all over the dining room table... and may or may not be spreading to the breakfast table as well... (I like to watch TV while it does its thing)...

Anywho. Her first birthday is May 17th and I've been pinning to about 5 different boards on Pinterest trying to collect inspiration on various themes until I nail one down. The others are at least general enough that they could be used again when she's older if she wants (Hellooooo Peacock themed party! ;) haha)

For her first birthday we're going with a "Wild One" Tribal princess/boho theme. It sounds like a royal cluster but actually it's pretty cohesive. We're focusing on corals, teals, pinks, golds and some browns for colors. We're using a lot of arrows and feathers in the mix and teepees for table decoration with some small woodland animals thrown in there somewhere too. I really liked it because it's not one I've ever seen done (though according to Pinterest a ton of people have used this theme and made tons of stuff and had amazing parties). I really didn't want a traditional theme. I don't really like doing what everyone else is doing. I don't like copying what I've seen 329030293 other people do (I'm really into random numbers today... ) and I, myself, find it really irritating to be copied... just do your own thing! I take pride in the fact that I don't usually ask for anyone's opinion on most things - I go with my gut. anyway... what were we talking about? oh yeah!

I figured I'd better start ironing out the kinks of my Cricut machine now so that if I make a few things and they're a complete waste I'll be able to improve them or fix them or make it all over again and have it turn out better the next time. So far I've made 3 banners that are super cute (pics later.. maybe? haha) and seem to be holding up ok... I used scrap book paper and card stock to reinforce but the card stock is glittery and the scrap book paper isn't sticking that well in certain spots.. so I might have to super glue it instead of using this double stick adhesive tape I bought or the glue stick that I've used as back up.. that also doesn't seem to be working...

I'm also planning on making a fabric garland for her high chair to dress it up and some tissue paper balls (my fave) to hang up. We're hoping the weather will be nice enough out that we can hold it in the front yard/attached garage. We still don't have any idea who we're going to invite - since she doesn't really have friends yet, it'll mostly be just family - but since we live so far away from family it's a crap shoot who will actually be able to make it...

I'm also hoping to get her a teepee that we can set up outside (potentially using for her 1 year photos) that will also go with the theme and be a cute spot for any of the kids that do show up to play in/around. It can go up in her room and eventually down in the basement for her and her siblings to play around in.

That'll probably also be her 1 big present. She has a ton of stuff from Christmas still, 1/2 of which she isn't old enough to play with yet. Presents aren't going to be necessary. I even mentioned to Darrell that instead of people bringing presents we could have them bring some supplies that we could donate to the local SPCA since Audrey's only real best friend (besides me of course ;) ) is her fursister Ellie. I think Ellie would approve... Darrell still thinks it would be nice if she had some more presents...

We have until May to get all this sorted out but I'm so excited about it that it's pretty much all I've been thinking about for weeks (if you couldn't tell...)

Once I get a few more things together I might take a few pics and post them so everyone (anyone?? anyone?? bueller?? hello?? is anyone out there??) can see them.

Until then (which will probable be another 9 months... haha) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment