Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Well, we're getting

there! We found out at the end of last week that the finish crews would be around sometime this week to work on the siding. I called Darrell today during lunch to see if he checked at the house if they were there and they were! and they also were working on the inside! and they also told us that if there are no major problems the house should be finished sometime next week!!!!!!!!!!!!
We still need to install the boiler, but other then that everything should be done pretty soon! I was very impressed with how quickly things seem to be moving. I honestly didn't think the finishing crews would be getting to our house until next month! At this rate we'll have time to paint while we're waiting for the boiler to be installed and hopefully get to move in in October!!!! almost a month before we planned on being able to actually get into our house!!!

I already have paint colors picked for the entire first floor and can't wait to get started!

Meanwhile, this past weekend we installed a door at the base of the stairs that Darrell built in the basement. Darrell is also planning on taking the rest of this week off and his Dad is coming up to stay with us and start building the garage. The footers have already been dug and they'll start laying cement blocks tomorrow!

I also just realized that I haven't taken any pictures lately of what we've been working on so I should probably get on that. I'm hoping to make a photo album of everything once the process is all finished and I don't want to leave anything out!

Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment